Beat the Clock with Scripts for Adobe InDesign (Video Course)
Learn how to increase your productivity by using scripts in InDesign with 24 free scripts. This course consists of 26 short video tutorials that cover a wide range of topics in InDesign and will improve your workflow.
Scripts expand your toolset
This course is about using free scripts for Adobe InDesign that will help you to streamline your workflow and to get your work done faster. No programming required. With this class I want to encourage you to use scripts in Adobe InDesign more often and enjoy the freed up time with the things you love.
The content is geared towards InDesign users who want to expand their toolset and ramp up their efficiency in working with the app. Students should have a basic understanding of the core features of InDesign. This is not a course about learning how to use InDesign.
Scripts for InDesign are small programmes which can be run within InDesign to get certain tasks done automatically. InDesign already comes with some scripts preinstalled. There are many additional and useful scripts available for free from developers from all over the world.
Duration: 70 minutes
Content: 26 individual videos (HD 1920×1200 px) with Closed Captions (CC), 24 free scripts for immediate use.
What you will learn in this course
- Installing scripts in InDesign
- Editing scripts in a text editor
- Adding keyboard shortcuts to execute scripts
- Adjusting baseline grid and margins in a unified UI
- Jumping to Master pages
- Automatically apply the correct language settings to all text frames in a document
- Cleaning your document of unused items and styles
- Creating Crop and Registration Marks the easy way
- Saving and closing several documents at once
- Calculating the x-height of a font
- Automatically setting the visual character size of different fonts
- Custom kerning for a typeface
- Controlling text wrap for a more balanced look
- Splitting text the way you want
- Generating numbers
- Converting multicolumn text frames in separate threaded text frames
- Swapping images in frames
- Replacing pages of placed multi-page files
- Creating a link for an embedded image
- Renaming images directly in InDesign
- Easily creating an image catalogue
- Sorting tables
- Transposing tables
- Batch-setting the width of table columns
- Calculating table data
- Exporting PDFs in blocks
This course will belong to you forever. Come back anytime to rewatch. After going through this course you will save time on almost every project working smarter not harder.